paris parfait: Tara, I decided I "needed" a second blog, to be able to play around a bit, and I am delighted that you like my roses. I love that little desk, and it has lovely light in the mornings and evenings, so I use it to sit down and read mostly (computer banned in that room). I posted the cards in the photo today at the post office that sits, appropriately, smack between Demel's and Schwarzen Kameel. ;-)
@ Simon: Let me interpret that smile: You guessed, rightly, that the picture shows a very temporary state of seeming orderliness. *g*
I love your desk. I also have a desk/readingroom where the computer is banned. With a computer there too much of my thinking would be drawn to the computer.
I need the flow of reading and taking notes by hand, but there are other reasons, besides the great natural light (the windows are higher than visible from the picture), that there's no computer there: this desk is comfortable for handwriting and reading only, plus it stays in my bedroom, where no computer shall ever tread. :-)
I seek to capture the beauty that is present in every day, and there is inevitably so much more than I could ever expect to grasp.
National Geographic Traveler About Merisi's: "Each entry features a collection of photos from Merisi's excursions around town. This is a great place to start if you are looking for some local perspective."
Spotted by Locals
Merisi’s blog is a venture through the best photos of the Viennese landscape of a local: the Viennese dogs, the spring, and especially the cafes!
If you live in Vienna, this blog is gonna make you feel like you’re missing out on something and if you’ve been there, you’ll definitely wish you never left!
Merisi's Vienna was selected Blog of Note in February 2009
4 comments:
Two hours later .... :-)
(after a terrible thunderstorm here in Vienna).
paris parfait:
Tara, I decided I "needed" a second blog, to be able to play around a bit, and I am delighted that you like my roses. I love that little desk, and it has lovely light in the mornings and evenings, so I use it to sit down and read mostly (computer banned in that room). I posted the cards in the photo today at the post office that sits, appropriately, smack between Demel's and Schwarzen Kameel. ;-)
@ Simon:
Let me interpret that smile:
You guessed, rightly, that the picture shows a very temporary state of seeming orderliness. *g*
I love your desk.
I also have a desk/readingroom where the computer is banned. With a computer there too much of my thinking would be drawn to the computer.
I need the flow of reading and taking notes by hand, but there are other reasons, besides the great natural light (the windows are higher than visible from the picture), that there's no computer there: this desk is comfortable for handwriting and reading only, plus it stays in my bedroom, where no computer shall ever tread. :-)
Post a Comment